These ongoing presentations are done in-clinic for staff. They introduce Proteobiotics and explain how bacteria use metabolites for cell-to-cell communication. They will also discuss antibiotic stewardship and our need to create new "non-antibiotic" products that work.
Vetoquinol Lunch and Learn Opportunities: to book, contact your Vetoquinol Territory Manager.
1. Clinic Excellence Program - Provides practical tools to clinic staff engaging them to create an ideal client experience and implement positive changes which will increase revenue. Worth 4 CE credits. (This is a 4 hour in-person program.)
2. Zentonil - A lunch and learn during which the signs of liver disease, free radicals and antioxidants are explained. This lunch and learn also discusses the benefits of zentonil. Worth 1 CE credit.
3. Vetoquinol Care - A lunch and learn to help grow your potential within your practice, through retail product sales and recommendations. The Vetoquinol Care Line is also discussed. Worth 1 CE credit.
4. Merchandising - A lunch and learn to help develop your retail space by providing real and practical tips and tricks, including the "why" and the "how". Worth 1.5 CE credits.
5. Flexadin - A lunch and learn to discuss the joint supplements market, the osteoarthritic overview, and the management of osteoarthritis. The benefits of Flexadin are also discussed. Worth 1 CE credit.
6. ZYLKENE - In this one hour lunch and learn, RVTs will learn about the following topics: why behaviour services are so important, fear/anxiety and stress, what to do to help, improve clinic experience and zylkene range. Worth 1 CE credit.
Cattle Hoof Trimming and Care with Vic Daniel. Vic is a professional hoof trimmer, with 30 years of experience. Learn from Vic on the last Thursday and Friday of every month. Located just north of London.
Worth 10 CE credits for two full days. Learn more from his website.
Veterinary Webstore: How to enhance your client relationship - This one-hour online session will discuss the benefits of having an online store, and how to effectively set one up in your practice. Call 1-877-788-5028 to register for this session, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Worth 1 CE Credit.
Veterinary Webstore: The Next Step - How to set up, market and manage My VetStore. This one hour session can be delivered online OR in-person to your clinic. This session is for My VetStore users. Participants are taught how to manage and market their online store. Call 1-877-788-5028 to register or book a Lunch and Learn, or email email@example.com. Worth 1 CE Credit.
Basic Dog Body Language Course: Doggone Safe, the creators of the Be a Tree program, have also created an online course to learn more about understanding and interpreting canine body language. This course might help to prepare you for the delivery of Be a Tree in your community. Worth 2.5 CE Credits.
Click here for more information and to register.
Join the Fear Free Revolution with Dr. Jonathan Bloom: At a time when pet owners are spending more money to give their pet "happy" experiences, many have come to associate the veterinary hospital as a place where fear and anxiety are front and center. The Fear Free initiative promotes easy practice changes that reduce stress and create calm veterinary visits to encourage better healthcare. This 2 hour event is worth 2 CE credits, please contact your Boehringer representative for further details.
Boehringer Ingelheim (Canada) held live webinars in March 2017 which were recorded and are now available to a wider audience. Each contains a quiz at the end. Each worth 1 CE credit.
1. Lessons Learned from Pain Management Research in Dairy Cattle - http://www.boehringer-ingelheim-webinars.ca/#/main
2. Pain Mitigation Following Surgical Castration in Young Beef Calves - http://www.boehringer-ingelheim-webinars.ca/#/main
Cardinal Health Continuing Education Opportunities
These online courses can be found at: http://www.cardinalhealth.com/en/product-solutions/support-services/continuing-education-opportunities.html
- Proper Handling Techniques for Sterilization Wrap and Wrapped OR Trays (0.5 CE credits)
- Sterility Assurance: A Focus on Packaging (0.5 CE credits)
- Wound Drain Systems in Perioperative Nursing (0.5 CE credits)
Equine Guelph Horse Behaviour and Safety: This online course takes place from March 26-April 13, 2018. This 3-week course will give you the tools to take action to create a safe environment for you and your horse by gaining an understanding of horse behaviour, learning smart, practical horse handling skills, and reducing physical risks on your horse's farm. Worth 10 CE credits. Register online here.
Hill's Veterinary Nutritional Advocate Program (VNA): sponsored by Hill's Pet Nutrition. This program includes 3 modules. Please visit VNA website for more details. Worth 6 CE credits per module, with a total of 18 CE Credits for completing all 3 modules.
Become a Nutrition Counsellor with Royal Canin
Become an expert in cat and dog nutrition by enrolling in the Royal Canin Knowledge Portal to help meet your patients' precise nutritional needs. Through the comprehensive curriculum, you will earn CE and points by successfully completing modules that can later be redeemed for rewards.
If you are new to the Counsellor Program please contact your Royal Canin Technical Sales Representative to get signed up. Already to sign up?
Visit the Royal Canin Veterinary Portal to start learning. Most modules worth 2 CE credits, but each is different depending on length of time required.
The RVT Journal Quizzes: The RVT Journal is a national publication with four (4) CE articles in each issue. All members of the OAVT are mailed a copy of the Journal each quarter. After reading the articles, log in to your OAVT account to take the quizzes. If you receive passing scores, CE credits will automatically be applied to your CE record. (Worth 1 CE credit per quiz with a passing score).
Want to print a copy of the quizzes before you take them online? You can print the quizzes from inside the member portal.
Vetoquinol - Stress Affects Health and Behaviour: This webcast on stress-related issues in companion animals to better understand the relationship between stress, health and behaviour. Worth 1.5 CE credits. To view this webcast, visit Vetoquinol's online CE page.
ZENTONIL - "Doc, Does My Pet Really Need All These Medications to Treat His Liver Disease?": This 1.5 hour webcast is presented by Dr. Lisa Carioto to better understand hepatic disease and the multitude of treatments that exist. Worth 1.5 CE credits. To view this webcast, click here.
Pet Dentistry and Periodontology Course: In this detailed streaming presentation, Dr. Peter Emily, DDS, Hon. AVDC covers a variety of topics concerning the health issue most commonly witnessed in veterinary practices: dental disease. Dr. Emily provides a comprehensive outline of periodontal disease progression and also stresses the importance of preventative measures including home care and regular dental examinations. Also covered are the aspects involved in treatment through a detailed outline of routine and complicated dental prophylaxis in the veterinary practice. This 1 hour online opportunity is worth 1 CE Credit. Contact your Vetrex representative to book or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Solutions Vet Academy, Become a Master of VetWare!! : Brought to you by CDMV. Learn how to use VetWare to its full potential. Modules average about 25 minutes each.
Worth 2 CE credits for finishing the complete program. Click here for more information and to register.