2019/2020 Renewal Process For OAVT Members
April 29, 2019
The OAVT's membership year runs June 1st to May 31st. That means that all memberships come up for renewal on June 1st.
The OAVT will open renewals one month early (May 1st) and all members will receive an email notifying them that renewals have opened.
It is important to note that OAVT by-laws give members 60 days to pay their dues. So technically members have until August 1st to pay their 2019/2020 dues before their membership is suspended and a $50 late fee is added to their account.
Does your employer pay for your OAVT dues? Read below for instructions on how to navigate the renewal process when your employer pays:
2019/2020 Renewal Process
If your organization pays the membership fees for multiple OAVT members and you would like to pay for all fees in one lump payment (either by credit card or cheque), please follow these instructions:
Instructions For OAVT Members
1. As an OAVT member you must “renew” online individually. There are several checkboxes that need to be marked along the way. Renewals can only be done from within an individual’s OAVT account.
2. Once you get to the payment step, please select “cheque” and proceed with the payment. This will finalize the renewal and put you on a list waiting for payment. Renewals are not complete until payment is received.
3. Renew online and use a company credit card when choosing the credit card option.
*If you are requesting a reduction in dues because you are on leave per OAVT By-Laws (parental or sick leave) you must complete the Reduced Dues Application Form which can be found under “Forms” in your OAVT account. When you fill out the form, be sure to include a letter from your employer or physician confirming your leave dates. Once the online form and documentation are received and processed, you will be notified via email that your account has been updated to reflect the reduction and you can log on and complete the renewal process at the reduced rate.
Instructions for Employer/Organization
1. Inform your staff to proceed with their individual renewals and choose “cheque” as their payment option (see instructions above).
2. Make a list of all of your staff once they have renewed (first and last names, and their membership type - RVT, Pending, Limited) and email the list to Loretta@oavt.org
3. Provide payment for everyone on the list, per the amount shown in their individual profiles.
a. If paying by cheque, please mail the cheque, notating the cheque is for dues, to: OAVT, 107-100 Stone Road W, Guelph, ON N1G 5L3.
b. If paying by credit card, please call Loretta at 519-836-4910, ext. 221 and provide the credit card information.
4. Once the payment has been made, we will go through your staff list and mark them as paid in the system. They will all receive a “paid” invoice in their OAVT accounts. Make sure your list isn’t missing anyone, or they won’t be marked as paid and their renewal for the year won’t be complete. Payment must be received in order to complete the renewal process.
*For employees requesting a reduction in dues because they are on leave per OAVT By-Laws (parental or sick leave) they must complete the online Reduced Dues Application Form which can be found under “Forms” in their OAVT account. When they fill out the form, they must include a letter from their employer or physician confirming their leave dates. Once the online form and documentation is received and processed, they will be notified via email that their account has been updated to reflect the reduction and they can log on and complete the renewal process at the reduced rate.
Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks
Back to Listing