July 2, 2015
New Website, New Portal = Enhanced OAVT Member Experience
The Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians is pleased to announce the implementation of a new and improved OAVT website and member portal. OAVT has commissioned Ottawa-based Pixelera to not only design a modern, responsive and user-friendly website, but to also implement their state-of-the-art, innovative membership portal system.
Throughout the summer, OAVT staff will be selecting designs, creating new content and working alongside Pixelera to ensure the end result is an all-encompassing, one-stop-shop for OAVT members, future RVTs, educators, veterinarians, sponsors and members of the public.
Progress updates, along with tips on how to use the new member portal, will be provided to all members throughout the summer as we lead up to the launch of the new website in September. And while the new member portal has DOZENS of new features, here are the top five ways we think the new system will make your OAVT membership experience even better:
1. Entering your own Continuing Education: With the new system you will be able to enter your own CE credits online within your own membership profile. No more faxing! With this in mind, we are asking all members who have a CE Collection Period End Date of July 31, 2015 or LATER to stop submitting CE as you will be able to enter it online in September with the new system (this is within the allotted 60 days you have to submit CE).
2. RVT Journal Quizzes: Members have been asking for a way to have the CE credits from the Journal Quizzes automatically assigned to their profile. This will be a reality with the new system. When you take the quiz online, your CE credits from the quiz will automatically be recorded in your profile.
3. OAVT Conference and CE Events: Registering for OAVT events will now be done within your profile. You will be able to access your event registration, submit your payment, change your registration and access receipts. Also, much like the Journal Quizzes, your CE credits will AUTOMATICALLY be applied to your profile after you attend the event. (Yes, your OAVT Conference CE credits will automatically be added to your profile!)
4. Email address, not membership number: Your new online profile will be linked to your email address, so logging in will be easier than ever.
5. Pride: OAVT staff, alongside the designers at Pixelera, have spent weeks researching other websites, specifically the websites of similar organizations. RVTs are a proud profession. The new website will make the OAVT’s online presence second to none – another reason for RVTs to be proud. Please log in to your current OAVT profile at www.oavt.org (before August 1, 2015) and ensure all of your contact information is up to date so that the transition to the new membership portal can go as smoothly as possible.